Delicious Black Lentils Cherry Tomatoes Salad
If you are looking for a quick salad and an impressive one to make, this next recipe is for you!
I just love to combine Black Lentils in my dishes, they are super healthy for you (lentils have the third-highest level of protein) easy to make , and it seems that everybody just love them. It’s pretty easy to combine them in your daily dishes, you can just add them to almost every dish for a more sophisticated and a healthy look.
What You’ll Need ( For about 3-4 side dishes)
- 1 Cup of Black Lentils
- 25-35 Cherry Tomatoes cut to half or even 4
- 1 Large purple onion
- 1 Large lemon
- 3 Tablespoons of good olive oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 1/4 a Cup of chopped parsley
How to Make
- Place the black lentils in a cooking pot ( before make sure to rinsed them with water), cover them with water, add 1 tablespoon of salt and cook till boiling point, once the water had boiled lower the flame and cook until they are soften, but not too much! ( About 20 minutes). Once ready remove from fire, drain water and let it cool down.
- Chop the tomatoes, purple onion and parsley. In this recipe its super important to use good and sweet cherry tomatoes along with the a purple onion ( not regular one/white). Mix everything in a bowl, add the extract of the lemon along with the olive oil and season with slat and pepper according to your liking.
- Add the black lentils, mix everything and place in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes so all of the flavour will sit tother and cool down.