Baby Food: Spinach Ricotta Latkes
Spinach is known to be one of the world’s healthiest foods. While searching the web to find some more information on why you should start giving your baby spinach, I came across an interesting fact. Did you know cooking the spinach actually increases its health benefits? Awesome!
It’s recommended to expose your baby to spinach around 10-12 months. This next recipe is very basic, easy to make, and fast. It combines carbs,calcium and of course all the benefits of Spinach. My one year old just loved it.
What You’ll Need ( for about 2 nice rounds of Latkes)
- 1 Small potato
- half a cup of baby Spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons of bread crumbs
How To Make
- Start by pilling the potato – cook it till it’s soften and make a potato puree
- Chop the Spinach leaves add 4 tablespoons of water and cook it for about 2-3 minutes till its soften
- Add the Spinach leaves to the potato puree, add the cheese and crumbs, mix all and start to create your Latkes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of fine olive oil to your pan and fry each side of the Latkes till golden.
- You can serve it cold or warm. Keep in the fridge for storage.